Friday, January 8, 2010

i'll take a little drama with my lunch

it's my day off, and i can't seem to stay away from a "school". i went to have lunch with taegan.

it reminds me of my dad. whenever we'd drive by a golf course, he'd make me think the car was in control...veering out of the lane towards the course.

don't say "awww" just yet. nothing i do, happens without a bit of drama.

i assumed taegan's lunchtime was the same as last year, so i planned on arriving just before noon. i drove through chik-fil-a and signed into her school right on time. taegan's 4th grade teacher saw me and mentioned that 5th grade eats at 12:30. i was so disappointed. why can't i do anything right today? first, i goofed getting the kids to school, and now this. i knew taegan wouldn't mind cold french fries, but i was wasting precious time on my day off.

just then, a lightbulb went off! i'd go down to cooper's school, which is on the same campus, and eat lunch with him while i wait. i thought his lunchtime was at noon. awesome!!!

i ran out (in the 11 degree weather, through the spitting snow) to coop's school. but sadly, the school secretary informed me his lunch was also at 12:30. ugghhhh!!

i felt about an inch tall. i don't even know what time my children eat lunch. apparently, both of them have new lunchtimes...they're growing up faster than i can blink!

finally, i had lunch with taegan. she was just as excited as i anticipated. and yes, i got the running, swing around hug that i was waiting for.

the rest of my afternoon was spent hopping in and out of stores i always wish i had time to look in. i didn't buy anything to speak of, but i enjoyed the freedom of shopping with no agenda and no kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment