Saturday, December 11, 2010

my meemaw



i'm thinking about my grandmother, who i call "meemaw", today. she's 95, i think, and lives with my mom and dad. she's suffering from alzheimer's. just in the the last few weeks she's taken a turn for the worst. hospice is saying she may not make it through christmas. while i realize that passing is really what's best for her...and my parents who care for her day in and day out, i can't help but feel sad.

this photo is how i hope to remember her. it was taken back in late september. taegan and manuel had tacky day at school, so we raided my mother's house. when my grandma saw the hat manny was going to wear she started giggling. when i realized how funny she thought it was, i put it on her head. she laughed until she cried...it was good to see her so happy.

my heart goes out to my mom and dad. i know it must be hard for them to watch her suffer. i have the utmost respect for the sacrifices they make to care for meemaw. they are the world's BEST parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment