Saturday, October 6, 2012

broken-hearted

I am broken-hearted for a teenager that thinks he is at war with my family. It is so unfortunate that his parents have more energy to call me names for tolerating his continuous verbal abuse towards my family than to notice their child's obvious need for psychiatric help. When a child threatens suicide countless times, it's my obligation to alert the family and time for the parents to listen to their child and offer help. When the mother calls me a helicopter mom for being involved in my child's life, I take no offense. Rather, I pride myself on being involved and helping mold my children to be strong, confident, and intelligent decision makers in a world that is sure to be challenging. It is the negligent parents who need to step in and take control of their life by taking responsibilty for their child's actions and apparent needs. The only war that is truly happening is being fought by one person...the child. My heart is completely broken for the torment and battle. In time, I pray that the parents, who are the only ones who can help, will finally open their eyes. While I find myself angry at times because my entire family has had to endure his actions and words, I have to remember that my reactions are under a microscope. I must remain calm...which is so much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment