Saturday, May 25, 2013

let the summer begin!

today is officially my first day of summer break!  i let chris sleep in, and i took coop to his last day of second grade.  i don't get a chance to take him very often, so i jump when i get a chance.  while most would think i'm nuts, i spent most of the day back at my school so i could organize some things that get neglected throughout the school year.  i even spent the afternoon, once i got home, filtering crates and crates of papers that I've collected over the last twelve years.
  
unfortunately, summer usually means kids making plans and asking me to take them somewhere.  so why not start today?  i took taegan, taylor, and bradley to meet hayden at the paradiso to see the great gatsby.  however, there are perks to being on my own.  i used my mother's day gift card to buy some flowers at lowes.  i could admire flowers all day if I had time.  after stopping to get some wine, i stopped by Kroger for food and snacks to appease the hungry teenagers that inhabit my house all summer.
 
don't let my words fool ya... i love my kids, their friends, and their appetites!  let the summer begin!      
 



No comments:

Post a Comment