Sunday, May 12, 2013

mother's day and rock of ages!

 
My sweet family knows how much I love to garden during the summer.  The card had a $75 Lowes gift card so I can buy flowers.  Best mother's day gift ever!  But...I am not happy about the Cella's.  While they are my favorite, ("props" for the gift) it is summertime. I do NOT need to be tempted by those addictive and yummy chocolate covered cherries :) I love you all and it was a great surprise after a full weekend of soccer with T in Nashville.  Thanks for loving me through all that life throws at us.  Team Allen rocks!
 
Chris bought me tickets for Valentine's Day to see Rock of Ages at the Orpheum on Mother's Day.  He may be the smartest man I know to reap the benefit of gifting one item for two holidays.  The show was amazing!  Les Miserables is hard to beat, and I am anxious to see Wicked someday on broadway...but Rock of Ages was exactly what I needed on Mother's Day!  Music and rockin' out to 80's songs took me back to me my youth.  We had sushi before the show at Blue Fin on Main St.  It was like I escaped from reality for a couple of hours.  So for all you guys out there...take notes.  Chris hit it out of the park on this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment